Nearly half of all employers plan to offer workplace emergency savings programs by next year: learn why with Sunny Day Fund®
Why Emergency Savings as a Benefit?
Savers within a 700-person employer had 33% less turnover relative to overall turnover from Jan – Sep 2023 (p<0.05). Based on Sunny Day Fund Customer Analysis.
Fewer Loans & Withdrawals
CFPB found 59% of people withdrew early from their retirement savings when they had no emergency savings, compared to 9% who had saved for at least one month.
More Resilient & Healthy
People scored 10 points higher in their CFPB Financial Well-being Scores and reported lower stress when they saved for at least $1,000 versus having no savings.
Emergency Savings Account Powered by Behavioral Economics
Improve financial well-being, lower stress, and achieve financial inclusion & health equity with emergency savings.
Save for rain or shine, withdraw when needed, earn employer-sponsored cash rewards, and achieve your financial goals.
Workplace Emergency Savings + Benefits Blog
- Financial Wellness Programs: Building a Stress-Resilient WorkforceFinancial wellness programs play a key role in building a stress-resilient workforce. Addressing employees’ financial challenges can foster an environment where workers are more focused and productive.
- How Employers are Shaping Market Trends and Public Policy through Workplace InnovationIn the complexities of today’s business landscape, innovative employers are broadening their impact well outside their organization’s boundaries. Emphasizing employee financial wellness is becoming a hallmark of forward-thinking leadership, enhancing company culture, and bolstering employee retention while simultaneously influencing broader market trends and shaping public policy.
- Breaking the Debt Cycle: Empowering Employees with Healthier Financial ChoicesWith more than 30% of Americans not financially literate, it becomes clear that education is a powerful tool in breaking the debt cycle. Employees who are informed and supported in their financial decisions are better equipped to manage their creditor debt responsibly and make healthier financial choices.
- Bridging the Gap: Directing Financial Wellness Benefits to Those Who Need Them MostRecent research shows that almost half of the American population experiences elevated levels of stress due to financial concerns. Financial stress is egalitarian in its impact, yet 56% of women workers admit it hits their mental health hard, signaling the importance of gender-specific solutions in financial wellness programs.
- Rainy Day Fund vs. Sunny Day Fund: What is the Difference?A sunny day fund, coupled with a rainy day fund, not only cushions you against financial stress but also serves as a mental wellness tool, ensuring you’re at ease despite life’s ups and downs.
- Integrating Emergency Savings: A Strategy for Employee RetentionThe importance of emergency savings cannot be overstated. For employees, having the peace of mind that comes with a financial cushion can translate into a more focused, productive work life. For employers, offering support in building that cushion not only helps to attract and retain top talent but also contributes to a healthier, more engaged workforce.