This release was focused largely on refinement of the employee onboarding user experience, which we will continue to improve and simplify moving forward.
- Changed the signup captcha to only display after the finish button is clicked – this eliminates the annoyance of users being punted back to a previous step when the captcha expires.
- Added automatic creation of a default disbursement method during step 4 of signup.
- Removed the automatic checking of security code while user is still typing and replaced this behavior with a verify button so the user can let the system know when they’re ready to check the code
- Modified the text and flow of the KYC (Know Your Customer) details in employee signup – the new look of the screen shows users some vital info about how to take a good picture of their photo ID, as well as requires them to tick a checkbox in order to enable the fields to enter their details. This will hopefully cut down on the number of ID pictures being rejected by our banking partner, which prevents users from completing the signup process.
- Removed success toast notifications from signup – this will avoid users thinking they’re done with the entire signup process when they receive a message saying they successfully uploaded an ID picture, or added a bank account, etc.
- Fixed a bug that caused the default check disbursement method to keep reappearing when the user would go back to a previous step.
- Made some minor code optimization to ACH details.
- Modified an email notification about payroll/reward processes to show the correct cutoff date – this is now consistent with recent changes to in-app display and calculation of dates related to the SLA expiry window.
- Added a filter to prevent numerous duplicate email notifications to an employer when our banking partner erroneously sent duplicate webhooks.